My Home Page - welcome
Welcome to our new Cosmetology website. I hope to keep students and parents informed to the different activities and educational materials and events that will be happening in class. You can always contact us using the our school email at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 949-1700 ext. 2088 for Mrs. Brandee Baker or
The Pennsylvania State Board of cosmetology requires 1250 hours of training for a Cosmetology License. Bucks County Technical High School provides both male and female cosmetology students with a curriculum offering more than the minimal requirements for licensing. Upon completion of the curriculum, students will be adequately prepared to take the State Board of Cosmetology theory and practical examination.
General Objective include:
1. Developing job entry level skills in Cosmetology (Shampooing, scalp massage, manicuring, facial manipulations, make-up application, hair coloring, permanent waving, chemical straightening, thermal waving and straightening)
2. To provide trade experience thru clinical procedures
3. To develop professional standards and attitudes.
4. To inform students of State Board of Cosmetology rules and regulations.
5. To assist and guide students in obtaining employment.
6. To prepare students for State Board examination
Units of Instruction
- Scalp treatments
- Hair styling
- Hair shaping
- Make-up application
- Hair coloring
- Permanent waving
- artificial Hair
- Chemical Straightening
- Salon Management
- Shampoo Person
- Facial Therapist
- Make-up Artist
- Specialized Technician