August 31, 2021
RE: Mask Mandate in PA
Dear BCTHS Students, Parents, Staff, and Community:
Per Governor Wolf’s mandate today, BCTHS will require all individuals entering the school to wear a mask/face covering. This is effective beginning Tuesday, September 7, 2021. This mandate is consistent with previous county, state, and CDC recommendations for schools. Here is a link that describes the types of masks and the proper usage of wearing a mask.
Over the next few weeks, BCTHS will be working with pharmacies and the BCHD to arrange for a vaccination clinic at BCTHS. Here is the survey to gauge interest in having their child(ren) participate in getting vaccinated at school. The survey is anonymous and does NOT collect names or email addresses. As the Bucks County Health Department stated, “vaccines are safe, effective, and the best tool we have to mitigate COVID-19.” The BCHD recommends that all eligible individuals receive the vaccine.
Remaining 100% in-person
In order to give BCTHS the best chance to educate students in-person, BCTHS will also:
- Remind everyone that they should not come into the building if they do not feel well. Contact our nurses at Nurses@bcths.com.
- Increase outside seating capacity at lunchtime since the cafeteria will be at its maximum capacity.
- Use plastic barriers if staff choose to use them - similar to last year.
- Require students to wear masks while in school.
- Require students to wear masks on school transportation such as buses and vans.
- Continue to encourage hand washing and maintain as much social distancing as possible. Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the building and maintenance will routinely clean classrooms and other areas while monitoring and maintaining HVAC systems and filters.
- Continue to work in partnership with the Bucks County Health Department (BCHD) and will partner with health care agencies to offer COVID-19 vaccinations and testing.
As you are witnessing, COVID health and safety protocols are changing quickly and BCTHS will get information out to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have questions about COVID, please contact our school nurses at Nurses@bcths.com.
Leon Poeske, Ed.D.
Survey Link: https://forms.gle/YSeiVbB3UjtENDQd8
PDF Version of Dr. Poeske's Letter