All teachers, administrators, and special service personnel, including the nurse, are part of the guidance team. They work together to promote the proper climate for the educational and emotional growth of students. Specialized counseling by trained personnel is the keystone of the program.
The following services are available to students through their guidance counselor:
- Arranging conferences with parents, students, and teachers.
- Administering standardized tests and interpreting their results to teachers, students, and parents.
- Identifying students needing special help and providing ways to meet their needs and providing documentation for special placement.
- Registering and orienting new students.
- Providing educational and technical information through counseling, printed material, college and career conferences.
- Scheduling students in classes to meet their educational needs.
- Referring students to appropriate specialists for diagnosis and treatment.
- Counseling students.
- Supervising record keeping and providing transcripts and recommendations for students and graduates.
- Implementing the Buckley Amendment pertaining to student records.
Requests to speak with a counselor are arranged through the Pupil Services Office by calling 215-949-1700. Students can arrange for an appointment with their counselor by completing a request form from Pupil Services. Counselors will assign an appointment time which the student will receive during first-period class. Every effort will be made to schedule a guidance appointment within 48 hours of the student’s request. In an emergency or crisis situation, a counselor will meet with the student immediately.
The following alphabetic assignment is subject to revision.
Students with last names beginning with A thru E Mrs. Eby Ext. 2179
Students with last names beginning with F thru Lid Mr. Sine Ext. 2114
Students with last names beginning with Lie thru Rib Mrs. McWilliams Ext. 2594
Students with last names beginning with Ric thru Z Mrs. Ponist Ext. 2163