The BCTHS Chapter of the National Honor Society (NHS) gives students a place where they can hone their leadership skills—and get the recognition they’ve earned.
It’s More Than an Honor Roll!
While NHS student membership is the true mark of academic achievement, it goes far beyond a report card. All student members also reflect the program’s respective pillars for induction — ideals such as scholarship, service, leadership, and character — and they must continue demonstrating these pillars within their community throughout their membership.
Tools for Their Future
As an NHS member, students have access to exclusive tools and resources that not only help them in their endeavors as NHS members, but leave a lasting impact on them as active citizens with long-term goals. With NHS, members unlock:
- Service Mindset and Action. NHS advisers and verified member students get unlimited access to service planning templates and resources, including nearly 10,000 project ideas in the National Student Project Database. This creates a “give back” mindset and weaves continued service into the everyday of a learning community.
- College and Career Readiness Webinar Series. Live webinars on the college admission planning process give student members and their parents access to valuable advice directly from admissions experts.
- #Futuready Leadership Development. These online modules help NHS students prepare for the future, providing support to build skills such as empathy, critical thinking, and leadership.
- NHS Scholarship. Each year, $2 million dollars are awarded to 600 deserving student members, with the national winner taking home $25,000 to help them achieve their higher education dreams.
- Badges of Honor. NHS students can receive a digital badge that will boost their college applications, LinkedIn profiles, and more.
An Invitation to Apply
At the beginning of each school year, students with qualifying grade point averages (minimum 3.33 GPA) receive an invitation to apply for membership in the BCTHS Chapter of NHS. Submitted applications are reviewed by a select committee of BCTHS educators and, once accepted, student members are eligible to participate in all NHS-sponsored events and receive access to all NHS resources.
National guidelines for membership can be found here (https://www.nhs.us/students/membership/how-to-become-a-member/)
The 2021-2022 Induction Ceremony for the BCTHS Chapter of NHS will take place in early April. Please check back here for updates.
Brielle Ludwig ~ President
Osman Celik ~ Vice President
Luis Hernandez ~ Treasurer
Kaitlyn Talj ~ Secretary
Taylor Redick ~ Public Relations
Membership & Committee Meetings
The monthly membership meetings for the BCTHS Chapter of NHS will take place on the 3rd Tuesday of the month in room D207. This may be subject to change, so listen to the daily announcements or contact NHS Advisor Mr. Paone (x2391; firstname.lastname@example.org) for updated info.
Committee Meeting information will be updated soon.