Bucks County Technical High School began in the spirit in 1955 when seven school districts voted to support an area Technical School. The seven districts were Bensalem Township, Bristol Township, Falls Township, Lower Makefield Township, Yardley Borough, Tullytown Borough and Morrisville Borough. Shortly after that, a 47-acre site was chosen on Wistar Road in Fairless Hills, PA.
Construction of the building began in 1957, and the school opened its first session in September 1958 with an enrollment of approximately 600 students.
During the years 1958 to 1963, there was increased interest on the part of students to enroll in the various course offerings of the school. Also, overtures were made by the Neshaminy Schools and Bristol Borough. By September 1964, plans were developed for expansion of facilities. Construction began and was completed in September 1965.
With the 1976 school year, four additional instructional units (portable classrooms) were completed to enable minimal expansion for the increased enrollment of students.
A new, state-of-the-art comprehensive technical high school opened in September 2000 with a capacity of approximately 1,500 students.
The school also plays an active role in the community by providing adult education programs during the day and evening. Bucks County Technical High School is currently under the leadership of Dr. Leon Poeske, Administrative Director.